Helping students find their true north for their future
North Montgomery takes school safety very seriously and we work closely with local safety officials to develop the most comprehensive and effective school safety procedures feasible. There is a district-wide school safety team that meets regularly to review and revise safety plans to ensure that the following is in place:
- A School Resource Officer (SRO) serves North Montgomery as a part of an ongoing partnership with the Montgomery County Sherriff’s Department.
- Building-wide crisis intervention plans are reviewed and/or revised on at least a yearly basis.
- Safety drills are held on a regular basis as outlined by state regulations/laws.
- Check-in procedures are in place for all visitors to our schools.
- All staff members and volunteers are required to complete a criminal history background check.
- Security cameras are posted on the exterior and interior of each school.
- School corporation safety specialists attend annual training through the Indiana Department of Education.
During an emergency situation, North Montgomery will notify stakeholders via ParentSquare and/or website updates.