North Montgomery takes school safety very seriously and we work closely with local safety officials to develop the most comprehensive and effective school safety procedures feasible. There is a district-wide school safety team that meets regularly to review and revise safety plans to ensure that the following is in place:
- A School Resource Officer (SRO) serves North Montgomery as a part of an ongoing partnership with the Montgomery County Sherriff’s Department.
- Building-wide crisis intervention plans are reviewed and/or revised on at least a yearly basis.
- Safety drills are held on a regular basis as outlined by state regulations/laws.
- Check-in procedures are in place for all visitors to our schools.
- All staff members and volunteers are required to complete a criminal history background check.
- Security cameras are posted on the exterior and interior of each school.
- School corporation safety specialists attend annual training through the Indiana Department of Education.
During an emergency situation, North Montgomery will notify stakeholders via ParentSquare and/or website updates.